Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.260 remington 130gr scirocco load data
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone, I am looking for published load data for 130gr swift sciroccos in a .260 remington. I have scoured the net with no success so I am hoping someone has a swift manual that they can take a peek at and get back to me. Thanks!

Posts: 12 | Location: Paxson AK | Registered: 26 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Swift Sciroccos will perform identically to the Nosler 130 grain Accubonds. I would use the same load data which can be found in Nosler #6 manual.

Captain Finlander

Posts: 480 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or on the Nosler website!

http://www.nosler.com/Reloadin...gton-130-Grains.aspx

You could contact Swift also, they're out of the manuals and won't have the new one available til next year, but they should provide data if you ask, call em.

http://www.swiftbullets.com/contacts

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hank,

Only think to be a little cautious with is the Swifts use a pure copper jacket rather than the gilding metal of the NAB. That makes them a little more "sticky" (higher friction on the bore) especially if you're using a factory barrel (which seldom have a nice smooth finish). The point: Pressures with the Swift can spike quickly! So work up carefully. (I love this bullet in my 6.5 Sweede).

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks for the advice!

posted Hide Post
FishinHank,
May I inquire as to what rifle you have and what "applications" you're using the 130s? I ask because I recently purchased an AR10 in 260 and it LOVES the 139 to 140 grainers. Not a hot rod load, but it sure gets the job done and very ,very accurately ! I do have a 7 STW that dotes on the Swift 150 gr. Sciroccos. But, they are expensive as you well know. I use Nosler Custom Comp. 140s in the 260 and they shoot just as accurately (and deadly) as the 139 Lapua Scenars at way less cost. Just my "two cents"; but I would like your answer to my question,please.Thanks ! Charles

Posts: 17 | Location: roanoke, va. | Registered: 24 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I actually sold the .260 I had, but I was going to load them for a rem model 7. I have some 165gr sciroccos that I just started loading for my .300SAUM

I was going to load them for hunting sheep and caribou.

posted Hide Post
FishinHank,
You sold it ?!?!?! Oooo, that's a gun sale that will haunt you later. I had ordered some ammo from CorBon/Dakota a long time ago and it still isn't here. My good friend "loaned" me two boxes of his 139 gr. Lapua Scenar CorBon loads and they are very impressive. I just loaded the 140 Noslers and got to shot Sat. at 200 yds. Honest, I got a three shot group of .6120"CtoC !The fun part was the scope having mil dots. Using the second dot put the shot dead on and maybe a 1/4 " left. This in a 5 to 7 mph breeze. Can't see the price of Lapuas when Noslers do that good !
Yeah, you gonna miss that 260. But, when you want another; get the DPMS AR10 and a good trigger. Heavy it is; but danged accurate !
Charles

Posts: 17 | Location: roanoke, va. | Registered: 24 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yeah I wouldnt mind an AR10 in .260, that would be pretty fun. Maybe someday. That model 7 sure was nice though, super light. Ah well, gotta pay the bills ya know. I know I will own another 6.5 in some shape someday.