THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

125 partition, 130 X in military 6.5X55?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I'm planning to mount an old weaver K-6 on the wifes 6.5X55, well, I plan to reclaim it after she nabbed my .308

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these bullets in the military swede barrels, and how well they shoot, or not?

I've been able to put 5 rounds of milsurp in a 1 1/2" horizontally strung group at 100 yds, and that with irons, so the gun deffinately has potential.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul.

Both old military barrels and the 6,5X55 army ammo labeled "prickskytte" (sniper) shoots a lot better than most people can belive.

I have seen groups well under a inch with the army ammo at 100 m. with a modern sporter.

I have also seen amazing groups shot out of a friends M-96 rebuilt to a target rifle. the rifle still have the original barrel fitted and it shoots 4" groups at 300m with iron sights!!! (in good conditions)

He use the 130 gr. Norma VLD match bullet.

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
<Scott H>
posted
Paul,

They should shoot very well. I haven't shot those exact bullets, but my M96 rifles shoot 120 grain spitzers at roughly 1 moa, and 140 - 160 grain bullets under 1 moa.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott H (edited 12-28-2001).]