New
Find
Notify
Tools

#34 Arsenal Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know how these CCI primers compare with large rifle/large rifle magnum primers as far as strength.
Thanks

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Calshtr:
Does anyone know how these CCI primers compare with large rifle/large rifle magnum primers as far as strength.
Thanks

Not really ,but I've been using a lot of them for some time and except for one Mod 77 , I'm impressed.

The primer metal resists indentation a little greater than other primers. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
They're magnum primers.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I don't think they're hotter than std. primers. The CCI 34 is designed for military ammo (read machineguns)and has a thicker cup. My FAL used to pierce std. WLR primers now and then until I switched to the CCI 34. Problem solved.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to use them for my 49/56 MAS. Otherwise it is slam-fire city.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe this is spelled out in one of the latest versions of the Speer manuals. The # 34 and the #250 mag primer have the identical charge. The # 34 has a thicker cup to deal with the slamfire problems.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
It's on the CCI website. They're magnum primers.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger/Ricochet and the rest of you guys, that's what I needed to know. It's great to be able to tap into all this experience and knowledge. Hope I can return the favor one day.
Best.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote