Find
Notify
Tools

Another Shot Chrony (no picture)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
Well, I was going thru the rifles at a Defenshield "Media Day" .223, .308, 30-06, 12 ga. slug, Then just like that... no chrony. Slug hit target, "wad" hit Chroney. Must have dropped 10 inches in 10 feet. Just enough impact to knock the face in about .25" and destroy the electronics, (Damitall)
It was a Pro-Chrony and I really liked it, very easy to set up big memory, hi-lo es and sd functions. Anyway, Time for a new one. I know the Ohlers have a great rep but I'm looking at the Shooting chrony Gamma and it's got great features too and I like the "turn it on and shoot" functionality. Pros or cons?

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
RazzerYou did the right thing by shooting the chrony. thumbdownroger Get the Oehler. thumb

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chrony has a very resonable repair/replace policy. Don't ask how I know.
Take Care!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just got a Gamma Master from Midway last month (and this month they're on sale - rats) and have been both pleased and surprised with it. Pleased because it is almost a plug 'n play device, although you do need to keep the manual with you unless you have a photographic memory for non-intuitive sequences of button presses to do different things. Surprised because almost none of my loads go nearly as fast as the loading books say they should. Hmmmmm.

Posts: 11 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
RazzerYou did the right thing by shooting the chrony. thumbdownroger Get the Oehler. thumb

If I shot over a chrony more than a couple of times a year I'd get the Oehler, but I don't. the Shooting Chrony Gamma is on order...

further updates as events warrant.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Several guys here have posted pictures in the past of guards they made for their chronographs. I think they were mostly cast bullet shooters having trouble with gas checks doing the same as your wad.

Basically imagine a piece of angle iron welded flat to the end of a plate. Set the chrono on the plate, and the angle iron guards the front of the chrono. From shooting position you shouldn't be able to see the display, raise your head and you can.

Simple, eh? Of course, you should be able to use some of that fancy glass you build, and still be able to see the display from any angle...and I bet you have some fab guys able to construct a frame. Hmmmmm....

Good luck!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CDH,
I had a good friend who did the same thing as a protection. Then he attached two mirrors to reflect the image of the screen to the side so you could see it easily. He carried a few replacement mirrors for the outside visible "target" mirror.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote