New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Lee Load Master setup and running
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got a new LM in 9mm and set it up and am now pumping out shells like crazy. I read all the bad press on them and since I've been very happy with most of Lees other stuff thought I'd try one and see what all the fuss was about. While I was at it, I ordered a new Classic Turret Press also and it's the best reloading press I've used yet.
The LM is a little tricky to setup, expecially the case feeder. It's kind of hard, until you grasp the principle of operation, then it all falls into place. I will say that Lee could do a better job with the manual, as it's almost no help at all. If anyone gets a LM, go to youtube.com and watch the setup videos, they'll save you a bunch of time. I've reloaded for 30 plus years, used nearly every press imaginable, and very mechanically inclined, and it still took a while for me to figure things out. The LM is definitely not a good first press, but as progressives go, it's a dandy. One thing Lee has all over the others is catching primers, narry a one is strewn about, all being caught in the hollow ram of both the LM, and Classic Turret, (and the Classic Cast too). Everyone else should take a lesson from that feature alone.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby
I have a L M also. It is a decent machine but does have a fairly steep learning curve. Sound as though you are off to a good start.

Have you set it up with a "universal" decapping die in station 1, and your resizing die at the priming station?
This will save many headaches with seating primers and destroying the primer feeder fingers.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And if your sizing die has a decapper, make sure you remove the decapper if you put the sizing die at the priming station. Smiler

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point JLarson. I forgot to mention that.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote