Find
Notify
Tools

wierd looking AA 2230
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I just opened a new bottle of AA 2230 and it has some inconsistent grains in it that are larger than the norm. Looks different from the first bottle I used. Is this OK? This is only the second bottle of this powder I have ever used? The first was very uniform small ball powder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesIf I were asking that question it would be over the phone to Accurate Powder people. They're pretty good with the answers so far. Winkroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would take rogers advice and give them a call I have used quite a bit of the 2230 and all have been very uniform in size.Just got 12 lbs a couple months ago.Have used a bunch of the surplus 2230 -c and it has allways been very uniform and is just a little slower than the 2230,but I think works better,I am hoping that it will be back on the market sometime so I can stock up on it again.
Got an 8lb jug of the 2230-s it is a little faster than the 2230 and it is more course than the 2230 and 2230 -c and so far I haven't found anything that it shoots great in.Gave my shooting buddie half of the 8lb and he hasn't found any load that shoots well in any of his rifles either.
So if anyone else has any of the 2230-s and have good results with it we would be interested in hearing about it.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Western Powders says it is fine and sometimes it just looks that way. Loaded 5 rounds and will shoot soon to see if it shoots the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote