THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Question on which collet bullet puller to purchase.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on which collet bullet puller to purchase.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
I am interested in purchasing a collet bullet puller.
Which collet bullet puller do you use/recommend and why?

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Here is the one I use. Hasn't failed me yet.

RCBS collet puller

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the RCBS as well. Simple and easy to use, doesn't destroy the bullets and the press does all the work for you. Just my .02

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me three!
B.I.F.

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Here is the one I use. Hasn't failed me yet.

RCBS collet puller

Will it work in a Forster Co-Ax press?

Swede

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replys I purchased a Forster brand for my Co-ax press with 2 collets one for .308 and another for .243
It will take a few days to get from Midway when I get a chance to try the puller I will add to this post of how well it did or didn't work.

If I was going to use my Rock Chucker I would have went with the RCBS collet puller.

Swede

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's not going to work well in a coax. the slide in die system won't let you tighten the collet down unless you grab the die with a pliers

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use the RCBS as well

tu2

From Forster's web site as to their bullet puller.
""Note: This bullet puller is not intended for use with the Forster Co-Ax® Press ""

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied RCBS press mounted bullet puller user here.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Forster lists a puller on their website for the Coax press.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forster lists a puller on their website for the Coax press.

homer Man on the same page and I missed it. So if it is the universal he should be good to go.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your concern I did purchase the Universal Bullet Puller.
The RCBS and the standard Forester bullet puller will not work with the Co-Ax due to the way the handle swings over.

Swede

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
It doesn't work on my T-7 either. No room to turn it.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I use the RCBS one and like it alot for pulling jacketed bullets

The collets are the silver ones:

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the collet/bushing rack?

Swede

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I believe it's a teacup rack from Wallymart.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you buy, I can not recommend strongly enough you give the Hornady Collet bullet puller a look. I have one and it works on pulling bullets superbly with out leaving any marks on the bullet at all. It is IMHO the fastest easy to use and set up bullet puller out there, especially if you have a sizable amount of same caliber bullets that need pulling.

Serieously look at one you wont be sorry.
Art.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
will the hornady work in a Forster Co-ax, a friend had the hornady and that's what he recomended

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Foster. All collet type bullet pullers must be run in. Usually after the first ten bullets its working perfectly. You could also polish the collet on the outside and the die on the inside to make the release easier.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Swede44mag:
Thanks for your replys I purchased a Forster brand for my Co-ax press with 2 collets one for .308 and another for .243
It will take a few days to get from Midway when I get a chance to try the puller I will add to this post of how well it did or didn't work.[QUOTE]

I received the collet puller from Midway Friday 5/24/13 it took a few minutes to setup and I had all the
bullets I needed pulled in 5 minutes or less. No problems pulling or getting the bullets out of the puller collet.

The only observation my father made is it did not come with a box like reloading dies do.
I will find a box to keep the puller and collets together.

Swede

NRA Life Member