Find
Notify
Tools

New 458 Lott Rifle on the market!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Well since Ruger, Marlin and Hornady teamed up with the 17 Rimfire project Ruger is bringing out a 458 Lott model 77 in their Safari version. This will accomodate their 458 Lott hornady factory ammo. My dealer has one on order already (not for me that is) Interesting....

------------------
"Certified Rifle Crank!"

[This message has been edited by POP (edited 12-21-2001).]

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I am glad to see they are offering this cartridge in an affordable gun.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Do not kid yourself Bill. Ruger's Safari or African or whatever they call it goes for well over $1000! Sorry dude~!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rugers are not worth that much.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Its all relative, compared to $3000, $1200 is affordable

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

posted Hide Post
Buy a CZ or Winchester M-70 in .458, re-chamber, a little mag and/or action work, and you still come out less expensive than the Ruger

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
A friend mine converted a CZ from .458 WinMag to Lott. Excellent results!!! In fact I think the CZ action is probable the most converted action, a true Mauser design at an affordable value. Can�t go wrong. On the other side, Rugers are very good rifles. IMHO

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote