Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using WC820 for .357mag & 40S&W?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted
I am considering a 8# purchase for the above...and wanted feedback before jumping into an 8# jug.

Comments? Thanks!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
BTT

SURELY some of you guys out there have tried this stuff...too many surplus shooting types out there for me to strike out this badly.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use it all the time in the .357, .41 and .44 plus at least 2 rifles, works great. My last jug gives me equal velocity/weight as the last W296 I bought. It might be a bit slow for the .40s&w
C.G.B.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used some WC820PD (pull-down) to work up some loads for 357 and 44. In the 357, my particular lot gave me about 140 fps higher velocity as compared to H110, using the same charge weight.

Washougal Chris

Posts: 116 | Location: Washougal, WA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I shoot alot of WC820 in the 454. I've also loaded it in 45 colt, 44mag, 30-30, 30-06. I've done some loads in the 357 rifle and pistol with 180gn bullets. The only complaint I have is that I only bought 8# and not a full case. I've only heard of a couple of people that don't like it. It is a very small ball powder and meters great through my Dillon. One guy says it leaks out of his dillon. His is probably due for new parts.
It seems to burn faster in the 357 then in the 454 loads so be sure to start lower and work up.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
Too slow for .40 or even 10mm but just fine for .357 and up. I start with h110/w296 data and work up. My next order I'm getting a full case of the same lot.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -- Thomas Jefferson
http://tcbunch.com

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. The supplier says to use AA#9 data to load it, and AA lists some decent 40S&W loads with 180-200 grain bullets. Now I am hearing that it is slower than the 110's, sooo....may have to try it anyway.

Thanks again!