Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any body done much with the Barnes VG
 Login/Join

posted
I am interested in the Barnes VG for .224 I would be loading them for coyotes. I dont like pelt damage. What speed would they need to be shot at to proform to the best? If some one has a bullet that they like better please let me know.

Brian

Shoot strait and be safe

Posts: 17 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
been messing with a little bit. i'm using them primarily for 22K and 221, but have loaded them in 223 and 22/250 as well. Loading data is same as 40 gr, but the bullet is as long as a 52 gr. I haven't shot anything as big as a yote, but on crows and crats it sure works good. accuracy has been about on line with any decent bullet. On another board there was a guy talking about taking bobcats with them and having an entrance hole with no exit, massive internal damage and 0 hide damage. Yote is some bigger but i think they would do a job on them

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
I've used Barnes VLC, which is the same as their Verminator. I got small entrances and no exits with instant kills on coyotes using the 50 grain in a 22-250.

posted Hide Post
About what speed where these loads shooting at.

Shoot strait and be safe

Posts: 17 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote