New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to forum 25-35 Data
 Login/Join

<KTS>
posted
Hello, just found this site and looks like you guys gotta pretty good group here.
If don't mind me pulling up a mouse and joining you here, I'd like to know if any of you have a favorite load for a 25-35 Win.
I just got a new Contender Bbl. and have an asst. of 60,75, 117 gr. jacketed bullets and some cast bullets that avg. 91.7 gr.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Wes

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a .25 Remington, which is said to be identical in case capacity to the .25-35. I use 29 grains of 3031 under a Sierra 90 grain HPBT for about 2900 fps from a 22" barrel.

This may be a bit warmer than is mostly recommended, but your TC is more than stong enough to handle this pressure.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<KTS>
posted
Yep, I have some loads for the 25 rem from 'Pet Loads' This is going to be strictly a paper puncher so it don't have to be real hot just accurate.
Wes

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 25-35 quite a lot and hunt deer behind my house and locally with it every year...

Mostly, I have quit reloading for it as it is sighted in for the factory WW 117 gr. load, but I have shot some 70 gr. Speers and some 60 gr. loads with H4895 and IMR3031 but they just shot too high...Never have got a decent load for it other than factory and it shoots under 2" at 100 for 5 shots every time...close enough for Gov. work.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41875 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
You may have gotten me thinking enough to hunt deer with my 23-35 next winter. I have a pre 64 Winchester M94 Lever. It was purchased for my by my Father and I have never shot it. There are quite a few white tail on my river property in NW Wyoming. I guess it looks quite puny next to my 25-06, 270 and 300 WM :-)

Dale

Posts: 67 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: 09 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are willing to take up with the slightly milder pressure level of the 6,5 x 52 R (the identical twin case of the .25-35, continentally loaded), the DEVA and RWS-DNAG handbooks have data (also with US powders, not just Rottweil).

Regards
Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote