New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: RCBS Trim Pro troubles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, all those things seem to be in order. It's a problem I've had since I got the kit. Don't know where to go next. I imagine contacting RCBS, but wanted a head start here first.
Thanks,

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the full RCBS reloading kit 5 years ago and have been adding tools ever since. One thing that I have never been able to completely iron out is the trimmer station. I have trimmed cases fine, but they tend to vary as much as .004" either way. The setting doesn't seem to move, just depends on how much pressure I put onto the crank. Is this normal? Will it affect accuracy with my 30-06, 22-250, and 338 win mag? I have shot very tight groups with all my hand loads, just always kind of bothered me that I'm having trouble with this step. What is typical tolerance? I have been trimming each reload, but figure I probably wouldn't need to. If none of the cases are over the max length, should I even bother?
Thanks for your help,

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't be having this problem.

Make sure you lock the cases firmly in the shell holder.

Make sure the hex screw is tightened on the "adjustment ring."

Make sure your trim head stays clean. Don't let trimmed brass collect on it and STAY on it. Brush the thing off once in a while.

As an aside... are you using a QUALITY caliper to measure your cases? That is, not some cheap POS plastic thing? Also, are you consistent in your measuring methods? What shape are the case heads in on your brass?

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote