New
Find
Notify
Tools

Consistant accuracy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was down to my last five 140 grain Nosler BT's so I decided to load them with the load that shot best in trials. I shot the first two out of a clean barrel and they printed withing 3/8 of each other. After shooting several other loads as tests I fired the last three. The printed a 7/8 inch group right above the first two for a total group size of 1 1/4 inch for 5 shots. 17 shots were fired total so I feel this is a pretty good indication of how this load will act. Looks to me like my new Remington 700 .270WSM is a winner. I can gladly accept this out of a hunting rifle.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your barrel may have been slightly warm on the last three causing the bullets to rise a little higher than the first two.I guess you're good to go with that load.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baldhunter:
Your barrel may have been slightly warm on the last three causing the bullets to rise a little higher than the first two.I guess you're good to go with that load.

Warm or just the fouling started to cause the raise in impact.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

one of us
posted Hide Post
My .270 WSM's all like the 140 grain bullets and will shoot them quite well. I shoot the Nosler Ballistic Tips, uncoated Winchester Failsafes, Sierra Gameking, Nosler Accubonds and Barnes TSXs. With 68 grains of RL-25 they are wicked indeed. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on, guys. A 5 shot 1.25" group and you're trying to tell him what is wrong?? Oh that's right, if it ain't a "cyberspace" sub MOA, it won't kill nothing. Big Grin

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Come on, guys. A 5 shot 1.25" group and you're trying to tell him what is wrong?? Oh that's right, if it ain't a "cyberspace" sub MOA, it won't kill nothing. Big Grin

LOL I expect nothing less. It actually will shoot sub MOA with several loads and 3 shot groups. I expect it will with 5 shot groups if I try them. 150 grain Partitions and Retumbo shot 3 in a dime with the last load I tried.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite