Find
Notify
Tools

7mm rem mag TTSX loads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

I am new to loading for the 7mm Rem Mag, and I am looking for accurate load suggestions for the 150 ttsx bullets. So far, I have tried this combo with RL 22, but the accuracy is not great. Any load or powder suggestions are appreciated,

thanks

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
RL 22 is a wonderful powder for 7RM. One of the things about the Barnes bullets is they like to jumps into the lands. I would seat those 150's deeper to see if the accuracy improves. My rifle like them at 3.24 OAL.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had any luck with Barnes. Sierra, or Nosler bullets in my Ruger 7mm. If your accuracy does not improve from previous comment try another bullet powder combo. I use Hornady 162gr SSTs and 160gr Speer Grand Slams with H1000 and IMR 4350. Very accurate and lethal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My usual load is: 66.4 grs of Vihtavuori 560 with CCI LR Magnum primers. OAL 3.33". MV 960m/s (3150 fps).
Somebody suggested me to increase the load. I will try heavier load as soon as the firing range is free from snow and ice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never tried Vihtavuori powder before; can't find it. If your going to increase your load I would work in groups of three, in case it does not work out. Keep your barrel clean and let it cool down between groups. Do you have a Caldwell Lead Sled? They work great. Watch for signs of high pressure. CCI primers work really well also.