New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some Accurate Arms powder ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've tried about everything in my blr81 .358 andf most work well but one powder that has worked best in all my .358's is AA2015br(not the new stuff) anyone know where I might snag a pound or two ? It gives the highest vel. & accuracy for my rifles. I'm getting ready to load a few for a spring bear hunt and sadly I have no more AA2015 br.

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Can't seem to find any of the old AA2015BR anywhere, which is a real pity, since it performed super well in my 223's, 308's, 358 and 350 RMag. I about wore out my boot kicking myself for not buying a truckload of it back when it first came out at about $8.00/lb

Same thing happened with RL12, which is also a perfect fit in those same calibers. About the time I discovered "hey, this stuff is great", I found out it's been discontinued. Bummer!!

Have you tried any of the "new" XMR stuff? It's not AA, but it's not terrible. I've used it in those calibers, it's probably a grain or two slower, but it DOES work well.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
If you find more than you need please let me know. I am down to less than half a pound , and my CZ 7.62x39 carbine dearly loves the stuff. I would love to find up to 10 pounds or so.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carl,

I've got a hair (I loaded 25 45-70's with it I believe) under a pound of it that you can have. I am just not sure how to legally ship with HAZMAT requirements?

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote