New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 brass source???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've looked around a little, but before I buy I wanted to know what any of you have found to be a good source for 223 brass. I'm looking for cheap but not Garbage. Anybody try the once fired stuff from Midway???

thanks, Ricky

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gibrass.com

Jeff Barlett has good pulldown that's processed or once fired.

I use his LC and WRA 7.62 and the stuff is primo.

hth

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try here, sounds good, I am going to order some 45/70 cases.

http://www.brassmanbrass.com/index.html

Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt the best source for military ( Lake City) once fired is Cabelas.. It is already cleaned and has had the primer pocket removed. It comes all nice and shiney. It does have to be resized, but I just this year have bought some for two friends. One order was for 500 cases, which was $19.95 plus shipping ( we had a bunch of other stuff on the order, so shipping was neglible at that point).

I also ordered some earlier this year , 1000 cases for like $36.95 plus shipping... I have ordered a batch of it over the last 3 years and I swear by it....

I have also used another source this year, in February. I wanted once fired Winchester Brass in 223. This is range brass from police depts, etc. It does have to be cleaned, ( tumbled) deprimed which the Lake City from Cabelas already is....It is available with Winchester, Remington or Federal Headstamps....

The company was Southern Belle Brass out of Tennessee. It was about $32.00 per thousand and then shipping to Oregon was another $12.00. $44.00 total.... I have loaded all of it and am pretty happy with it also. I wanted to try their brass out with the Winchester head stamp, as I am using this in a Winchester 223, with W 748 powder and Winchester primers, and 46 grain Winchester HPs and 55 grain Winchester softpoints....Not usually that analretentive, but just thought what the heck for one rifle in 223.....( too much time dealing with some of the fruitcakes on the political forum)

I rate both sources at Top Value!

Cheers
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire said:"Without a doubt the best source for military ( Lake City) once fired is Cabelas.. It is already cleaned and has had the primer pocket removed."

Big Grin Makes reloading a little challenging, doesn't it?
Wink

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerNot going to go wrong with Lake City .223 brass. It has kept many a VC from over running many a Marine. I have about 4000 rounds of once shot Lake city and it works real good in both the old AR-15 or Remington 700. A good place to still get it is at a gun show. Plan to go to one in a Major city in your area even if you have to drive a ways. On the last day on the show you can pick up a couple thousand rounds for a real good bargin. try it you will like it!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go hit a gunshow - 223 brass clean & decrimped has been running about .03 a round

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've gotten this brass from midway several times;
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=519704

It is mixed headstamps, deprimed, polished, primer crimp removed, but not sized. It runs about half military with some lake city, and half comercial,(win, rem, pmc, federal,). Good for blasting ammo that I run through the dillon 650, for use in my bushy.

If you want to take the time to sort them, you can come up with enough of the same headstamp to do load developement for a specific use.

Their grade 3 brass is all rem factory test fired. It is NOT polished or deprimed, but you don't have to sort them.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=365034

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scharch in Salida CO has LC 223 ready to start loading for $47/1000. Bump your order total (coupla ammo boxes?) to $50+ and they cover shipping.
Still working on the 1000 I got 7-8 yrs ago....

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2317386&showprevnext=1

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Feferal M 193 ball ammo is $4.00 per 20 and LC brass. Excellent ammo and $3.20 a box less the brass value....just another option.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote