THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaner in an auto..ramshot tac or win 748??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone got any feelings which might be cleaner burning in my bar 308? Seems to like both about equally for accuracy.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you've been shooting them you have your answer on your cleaning patches. Any powder will burn differently under varying pressures. What I develop in my rifle using a xxx grain bullet will not be the same as in your rifle using a yyy grain bullet. That being said, 748 is not known as an especially clean burner.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never used TAC in an auto-loader but shot up 2 8# kegs of it in a M700 6PPC. It was, and is, the cleanest burning ball powder that I have ever used. It also varied, in burn rate, more from lot to lot and was very temp. sensitive.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eddieharren:
I've never used TAC in an auto-loader but shot up 2 8# kegs of it in a M700 6PPC. It was, and is, the cleanest burning ball powder that I have ever used. It also varied, in burn rate, more from lot to lot and was very temp. sensitive.

That's good information. We don't have TAC locally, and I've wanted to try some in my 222 Mags and 223's, which would require mail ordering it, along with the Haz Mat fee. So, I've held off getting any of it.
Gotta try some though. You using two 8# kegs says much for its accuracy.
I have read many posts by other guys who swear by it for accuracy in 223's.

Don