New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 ruger, 300 gr partition, & Win760
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the Barnes manual lists 78.5gr of 760 as a max for the TSX bullet, so I thought I'd drop it 2 grains and use that with the 300gr Partition. I'm getting a stiff bolt to open and noticably flattened primers. I even seated the bullets out farther to 3.4 OAL. I guess I'll have to drop a few more grains and see if the bolt is still stiff. Has anyone else tried 760 with the 300 partition? if so can you share your results. I'm a little worried that if I drop it more that the velocity will drop below 2500fps when I was anticipating the 375 ruger to easily equal the 375 H&H on velocity.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as you have pressure, you should have good velocity. You're question is testimonial to why you should get a chronograph. They're cheap now. AIU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon's says 79.5 grains is max at 60,000 PSI but if your getting pressure signs then backing off is the right thing to do.

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
As long as you have pressure, you should have good velocity. You're question is testimonial to why you should get a chronograph. They're cheap now. AIU
SOOO true. I've been puting off a chronograph for years to get other things like scopes ect... It must be time

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote