New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Rem 370 gr North Forks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
WOW! Do these bullets shoot great! I shot my Hill Country .416 Rem with North Fork flat nose solids for the first time and I am impressed. My load was based on what some of you had shot in your rifles and I thank you because it saved me a lot of trial and error. My load was 79.5grs of Reloader 15, Federal 215mag primers with the 370gr NFs. I shot them through my Oehler 35 and the first batch shot a high of 2510 and a low of 2506. The SD was a 1! Three shots touched and on shot was out about a half inch. Everything seems great but does that seem like too much velocity for 79.5grs of powder? I cut back one half grain and the load still shot a Mean of 2498. What suggestions does the group have regarding any changes? I did not have any signs of pressure and I wouldn't be worried about a hot day in Africa because today when I shot it was in the 80's. Thanks for the help. M

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi: I can't help you with load advice...but just want to put in my 2 cents worth on the Northfork
Bullets. I use them with other calibers & they shoot better than any others I've tried. They're great, I get the best accuracy from them, I can use the same load, switch to another bullet & the group widens up. Best groups with the Northforks.
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mufasa,

Don't change a thing.
RL-15 is relatively temperature insensitive. My do it all .416 Rem Mag load is 78 grains of RL-15.

Your work-up is done.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote