Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes MRX Bullets.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted
Has anyone loaded these expensive bullets in something they regularly shoot TSXs or X bullets in ???

I picked up a box just for giggles and was wondering what has been learned for load data... I haven't finished working up a load for my 338-378 Weatherby but it will probably be in the neighborhood of 104 or 105 grains of IMR 7828 using the Barnes TSX 225 grain bullets... Just wondering how the load data might vary between the TSX and MRX....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the same. I never did pick up any of the MRX b/c a little birdie told me to wait, that Barnes was going to "tip" the regular TSX, and it would be cheaper.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd try them if they weren't twice the price of TSXs! Roll Eyes

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
I was wondering the same. I never did pick up any of the MRX b/c a little birdie told me to wait, that Barnes was going to "tip" the regular TSX, and it would be cheaper.

It will take Barnes a bit to do the TTSXs in 338 so I just figured why not give the MRXs a try even if the are god awful expensive....

quote:
Originally posted by LWD:
I'd try them if they weren't twice the price of TSXs! Roll Eyes

LWD

Yep, when you're looking at about 90 cents apiece compared to $1.50 apiece, I don't see myself ever shooting alot of these... My curiousity just got the best of me Roll Eyes...

They do have the same shank length and groove numbers but the MRXs are boattails as compared to the TSXs so I'm sure there will be a bit less engraving pressure involved... I'm guessing I'll find the sweet spot loads for the TSXs and simply try that with the MRXs...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote