New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS customer service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to share a great experience I had with RCBS.
I was reloading some 470, and got a stuck case. I couldn't find my stuck case remover, so like an idiot I tried using the stem to tap the stuck case out with a hammer. You guessed it, I deformed the stem.
I called RCBS to see if they would just sell me the stem, as the entire decapping assembly cost about $45, and the carbide expander ball was fine. "No problem, I'll send you two." When I asked how much, I was told no charge.

I just opened my mail, and RCBS sent out two entire decapping assemblies, gratis, along with a handful of decapping pins.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience exactly, Marty... Years ago, I was re-sizing some .243 Winchester brass when I noted that there were dimples on the shoulder of every case. I inspected the sizer die and realized it had no bleed hole.

I called RCBS, and once I had explained the problem the man on the other end of the line asked me if I had a trash can nearby. When I answered in the affirmative, he told me to pick up the die and throw it in the trash! He then asked me what my address was. A new sizer die showed up in the mail about a week later... no charge, including RCBS paying for shipping.

On another occasion I had one of their original Piggybacks lock up and "jump" completely off the top of my Rockchucker press. A phone call to RCBS resulted in me sending that one back and a brand new one showing up at my home a few days later. No charge...

Their customer service is the reason everything on my reloading bench is green, with the exception of a couple of cast bullet sizing machines.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No surprise, that's typical RCBS customer service. Too bad other American companies don't have even decent service. A nickel here & a dime there. That's one reason I like RCBS.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the same experience with them. I broke a stem same as you. I even told them it was MY fault. No problem Sir give me your address! Free!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too, have had nothing but excellent service from them. Coincidentally, I had called them this morning to find the part number for a replacement cap for my powder measure. It was recently lost during a move. They told me that they would ship me another as part of their lifetime warranty. I told them that this was not a warranty issue, and I wanted to pay, but they would not hear of it. I know the cap was not an expensive item but they certainly have my good will and I will remain a long term customer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their customer service ,like their product is grand (so is Dillon but this is not their thread.)I have ordered factory direct dies for many years there for case forming,AI,+ obsolete abstract cal. dies,anything wildcat + their turnaround shipped was good.They make a/several good products.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of drturi
posted Hide Post
i bought a used RCBS trim pro, the locking arm and pin the holds the arm were missing. Called customer service and told them i had purchase this used and told him what was missing, he ask for my address and said ok it's going out today. I ask dont you need a CC#, he said don't worry about it. What can you say, great customer service. Everything I buy from now on will be RCBS.

Posts: 1 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nappers
posted Hide Post
RCBS is the bomb. I used a cleaner to clean the years of grime off of my Uniflow powder hopper. Needless to say, Brake cleaner will melt the hopper! I used it here and there.

Needless to say, I finally contacted them on their site and they sent me a new hopper, no questions asked. I also have the JR3 press and the ram was boogered up and they sent me one of those too, no questions asked.

Great service. Will buy RCBS on everything. Redding, Lee, Lyman are great products too, but I enjoy RCBS.

====================
You know it's going to be a bad day when you crossthread the cap on the toothpaste

Posts: 31 | Location: No. California | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Here I thought I was the only one who tried to knock out a stuck case with the stem and hammer method. My results were the same, a bent stem. When I called RCBS they also sent me a complete new assembly free of charge.

RCBS customer service is fantastic. I have a Rockchucker press that I bought over 40 yers ago. Not to long ago one of the small clips on the end of the primer pick up tube broke and I called them to see if I could get another clip which is nothing but a small bent piece of wire. The rep told me that I have the old style tubes that are not made anymore and he sent me two new (both small the large primer size) tubes for free. Companies could learn alot from them when it comes to customer service.

I use mainly RCBS dies, but did buy a set of Lyman dies for my 416 Rigby. I bent a decapping pin once and called them to get a replacement. I was charged for the pins plus a rather high price for shipping. You won't find anymore Lyman dies on my loading bench.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2331 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This will be my first post on this board. When I started reloading 4 years ago my Dad taught me to buy nice equipment and never look back. Now I'm glad I bought RCBS at least for the custom service.

Today I bent a stem and cracked the expander on a piece of military brass that was missed in the sorting. I called them up and now they're sending me everything free of charge. They were super understanding about everything and wouldn't let me pay even when I admitted it was probably my fault.

I will buy from RCBS again.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent CS from RCBS.

Always my fault as well. homer

Quality products and quality people.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The old style bullet sizer/luber for cast bullets had a ratchet for feeding the lube. The new style has a toggle handle. I much prefer the ratchet. I called RCBS to get parts to convert it--strictly my preference. They sent them free.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
And here I thought they only treated me that way because they liked me. Now I found out they treat everybody like that! nilly

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me I need to call and get some brass set screws. I have several that need changed on dies and my case trimmer.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the same experience with both Lyman and Redding . I seem to always come away impressed , whenever I have any dealings with any of our equipment or component suppliers ! Leupold is totaly awsome .

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !

Posts: 104 | Location: Bristol , VT | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCBS has always been great to me too. Their stuff is pretty good so i don't usually have a problem with anything, but if i do they go good for it at no charge. Last month i called them because i rounded out a couple set screws on my dies, and they sent me 10 more, that outta take of me for the rest of my days.

joe45c

Posts: 25 | Location: peru, new york | Registered: 27 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jody seguin:
RCBS has always been great to me too. Their stuff is pretty good so i don't usually have a problem with anything, but if i do they go good for it at no charge. Last month i called them because i rounded out a couple set screws on my dies, and they sent me 10 more, that outta take of me for the rest of my days.

Just got an email today they are sending me some free of charge for the ones I stripped out!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite