New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H Nosler Solids vs Partitions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When loading the same weight Nosler Solid do you use the same data as your Nosler Partition load? I have a darn good 260 grain Nosler Partition load, 70 grains of IMR 4064 in a Win case with Fed 215 Primer that yields 2710 fps avg velocity with single digit ES.

If you typically use the same data, does it yield similar velocity/POI?

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1616 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi airgun1,

Load up a few and see where the point of impact is. You may have to adjust your powder charge up or down a few grains to have the same poi. Or it could be the same as you are loading.

good luck.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still awaiting the Solids' arrival, plus they are pretty pricey to experiment from scratch.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While mine were loaded for the 416 I will share my experience with one Model 70.

I loaded the Nosler 416 Partition and the Nosler 416 Solid, both 400 grain bullets, the same from the Nosler book. I zeroed the Partition and then shot both at 50 yards. The solids POI wasn't exactly the same at 50 yards, but it was close enough that I left it alone. For what I might use it for I considered it good.

If I was going to hunt something like an elephant with it where the shots would be using solid only, then I would of course zero the solids at the hunting ranges.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The only way to know this is to shoot them in your rifle.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reply straight from Nosler Customer Service:

Mike,

Yes as long as you are using the same lot of powder, and same brass you should be just fine to use the same load, as the solid was designed to replicated the same pressures as the Partition given the same load. It is good to hear the Partitions have worked so well for you, and we appreciate your business.

Best regards,

Nosler Inc.