Notify
Tools

'CHE vs. the strain gauge' competition
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tnekkcc:

I have designed and built a better strain gauge amplifier than Oehler's as could Hot Core if he wanted.

Good for you! Seeing as Ken Oehler no longer makes equipment for the enthusiasts, the point is moot. Quit yapping, take your considerable talents and manufacture\market your own brand.

No one named Denton has posted on this thread. Why bring him into it?

quote:
Good luck on the correlation, but if you or Denton make any mistakes, I feel compelled to point them out.
Yet you don't feel compelled to point out Hotcore's mistakes? Why is that?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
...Yet you don't feel compelled to point out Hotcore's mistakes? ...
I'll admit that I made a mistake thinking Dave was serious about performing the Test. Even defended him in some replies to people.

So, that did make more than one mistake on my part. I do try my best to learn from my mistakes.

Anyone want to calculate the odds of either of those mistakes from happening again???

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
I'll admit that I made a mistake thinking Dave was serious about performing the Test.

No, you're pissed off cause I refuse to cow-tow to your demands that I perform YOUR convoluted, self-serving batch of tests. You turned my simple request of comparing the measuring ability of the average reloader using CHE against my M43 Personal Ballistics Laboratory into your own agenda of berating the M43's abilities. It's all about YOU! And always has been. Has been...kind of fitting for you, actually.
Admit it. You keep throwing you and your buddies' one time, years' old, bumbling attempts at a valid comparison onto this forum all the time. You were looking for some fresh data you could corrupt to validate the out-dated CHE technique. And you thought I would fall for your trickery. You bumbling old fool. You just might be bordering on senility. You certainly have enough decades under your belt for it.

So I'll keep posting state-of-the-art digital data used by Rick Jameson, the NRA and Barnes Bullets. You keep fondling that once-in-a-lifetime find of the $25 thin-blade micrometer. And in keeping with your old school ways, why not also seek out a slightly used slide rule?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, you're pissed off cause I refuse to cow-tow to your demands that I perform YOUR convoluted, self-serving batch of tests.
No Dave, not mad at all. I am disappointed in my ability to judge character with folks who claim they to want to do a Comparison Test, but it is all a farce. Plenty of folks saw it though, but I was fooled.

You asked for Input about the Test, and now that you have it you are all upset. It is no problem for me, I've found a fellow who also wants to run the Test.

quote:
You turned my simple request of comparing the measuring ability of the average reloader using CHE against my M43 Personal Ballistics Laboratory into your own agenda of berating the M43's abilities.
It should be real simple for you to get someone else to do it however you want. All you have to do is find someone who Trusts you, or who wants to do the Test incorrectly just as dunceton did.

I have a lot of respect for the M43 - inside a Lab - just as Dr. Oehler is now using it.

quote:
It's all about YOU! And always has been. Has been...kind of fitting for you, actually. Admit it. You keep throwing you and your buddies' one time, years' old, bumbling attempts at a valid comparison onto this forum all the time.
I really am at a loss to know what you are ranting about. But if it will help, I could not possibly care less.

quote:
You were looking for some fresh data you could corrupt to validate the out-dated CHE technique.
We had two folks (actually three)lined up to do the measuring. Told you to go on and send the Cases without the psi info and that apparently called your bluff. Yes, I do believe a non-calibrated, guessed at dimension, and fudge factored Strain Gauge System will look just like what it is.

quote:
And you thought I would fall for your trickery.
I don't get the Trickery coming from me. I've NEVER changed my position concerning how much a person totally wastes their money on ANY HSGS, when it is being used outside of a Lab environment.

quote:
You bumbling old fool. You just might be bordering on senility. You certainly have enough decades under your belt for it.
You might indeed be right about all of that. My ability to Judge Character seems to validate your impression.

quote:
And in keeping with your old school ways, why not also seek out a slightly used slide rule?
I have an all metal, Model N4-ES, Vector-Type Log Log, Dual-Base Speed Rule by Pickett in front of me right now. Used it for a long time. Batteries never went bad, never tripped over any wires, never had to guess at numbers, never had to use a fudge factor. Many times more useful than a HSGS outside a Lab.

A sincere Best of Luck to you Dave in getting your "Test" run. Perhaps someone "you trust" will help you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hot Core:
You bumbling old fool. You just might be bordering on senility. You certainly have enough decades under your belt for it.

nillyI take umbridge at that, I do! BOOM That little photo in th upper left hand corner is me over 70 years ago. roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
That little photo in th upper left hand corner is me over 70 years ago.
You were a good looking little fella! Wink

My avatar is not exactly current either! Big Grin

So, ummm ... is the contest on?

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 303Guy:
[QUOTE]My avatar is not exactly current either! Big Grin

So, ummm ... is the contest on?

thumbYou bet! Let's see your cap gun. claproger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
I take umbridge(sic) at that, I do! BOOM

Oh, now I get it! UMBRAGE...offense or resentment. Can't imagine why I thought you were teetotaling across a stream.

Is that a veiled offer to try your hand at measuring the .223 Rem cases? I doubt the results would matter if you were ginned up some.

303guy, the testing is waiting on the only volunteer coming home from abroad. I don't want to rush the guy. After all, he's doing me a favor.

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Great! beer

Bartsche, I don't have a blade mic or a chronograph. Non of those things are relevent with a Lee Enfield. I just read primers and 'looks' of the cases and estimate bullet drop. I don't like recoil anyway, so I don't actually get close enough to the yield strength of brass cases. But I'm interested in the test results just the same 'cause I just want to know! Roll Eyes

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bartsche:
I take umbridge(sic) at that, I do! BOOM

Oh Is that a veiled offer to try your hand at measuring the .223 Rem cases? I doubt the results would matter if you were ginned up some.
QUOTE]

Veiled offer? Not in this life time. diggin I'd rather do something that had some meaning. You sure are putting a lot of verbage into this nothing game. Most of us are here to aquire knowledge and share information .Than there are those who seem to just want to feed their ego no "madder" how you spell it. Must admitt though ,some times it does get entertaining. horseroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
I'd rather do something that had some meaning. You sure are putting a lot of verbage(sic) into this nothing game. Most of us are here to aquire(sic) knowledge and share information .

VERBIAGE--an excess of words beyond those needed to express concisely what is meant.
ACQUIRE--to get or gain by one's own efforts

Nothing game? Perhaps to you, who already knows everything there is to this reloading hobby. I'm still trying to learn.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT for another review.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote