Find
Notify
Tools

New And Improved!: Acme No. 1b Annealer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
The Acme No.1 was a failure due to failure of organic supporting structure (I burned my fingers). So the R&D team set about to improve the Acme No. 1 with the Acme No. 1b.
As you can see in the following photograph, this is the apparatus in Tactical Stealth Mode (this option is entirely free by the way). In Stealth Mode, no-one knows what it is so they won't bother you with asking silly questions like, "hey what is that"?
 -
Here the secret to the No. 1b is revealed. A 12V transformer from a dead tape recorder, a toggle switch and a cassette mechanism from a dead stereo. Total investment; $2.85, this includes those four flashy brass screws that contribute to the very high SAF value (Spousal Acceptance Factor). All this fits nicely into the box for that Tactical Stealth Appearance.
 -
Once you are ready to use the apparatus, stand cartridge case on rotating platform and flip the toggle into the "ON" position. The case is now rotated at the perfect angular velocity to facilitate the annealing of the case neck. Your method of achieving the proper and correct temperature (Kelvin, Celsius or Fahrenheit) is up to you. Once visual confirmation of temperature has been achieved, simply pluck the case at approximately 2/3rds its height with the organic ejector (not included) and it will fall over, hopefully into the kitchen sink which you have filled with a suitable cooling medium. I use water. This is the No. 1b in operation:
 - Does the case look slightly blurred? It should since it is actually being rotated at the maximum angular velocity the No. 1b is capable of, which is the perfect velocity by the way.

I hope you have enjoyed this instructional post.
Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept it...

[ 09-24-2002, 22:56: Message edited by: Roger Rothschild ]

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good idea. Outstanding presentation, I really liked the SAF value and organic ejector comment.
Keep up the good work.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave,
I have been meaning to put this up for over a year since I made it and I kept forgetting. After having to do some .460 Weatherby cases to anneal them before expanding up to .500, I knew there had to be A Better Way.
It works like a charm, the toggle I got from a local NAPA auto parts store.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote