THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    LEE .243 Win. factory crimp die wrong from store

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEE .243 Win. factory crimp die wrong from store
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted
To all just a heads up, I reasently ordered a new LEE .243 factory crimp die. When it arived I went and installed it in the press put a round in and cycled the ram it crushed the case neck down in to the case! I took it out of the press took it to the bench and removed the insides and lo and behold it was marked .243 WSSM, so if you get a factory crimp die from LEE take the insides out and make sure its marked as what you bought. Oh when you get one you cannot see the markings without pushing the insides out of the botom at least 1/4" or so then the stamping will show. Dont know if this has happened to any of you but it shure took me by suprise. Have goten many of them and never thought to look but i will from now on. Happy Reloading.

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 106 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send it BACK to the factory... they'll replace it with no arguments..

Lee is a good outfit..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked the lee site for the 243Win and 243WSSM die parts and they are different. As my 5 yr. old granddaugher says " Pou-Pou happens"

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you get a factory crimp die from LEE take the insides out and make sure its marked as what you bought.

From that, what are we supposed to take? I mean, is an assembly line mix-up unique to Lee's crimpers?

Lee will correct it, same as anyone else would.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted Hide Post
You are supposed to take just what i stated, Just a heads up!And yes I sent the die back and as is the norm with anything Lee was verry prompt to replace it with no quible.

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 106 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee must have changed, years ago I had a
problem with a Lee Loader. Talked to Mr Lee
himself. He rasied nasty SOB to a new level.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote