Notify
Tools

Re: Cheapest place for 308Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of redial
posted
bigcountry,

Since this is for a hunting rifle, not a benchrest rig I'd suggest gunshows, Scharch, River Valley Ord or your state Nat'l Guard Marksmanship Unit.

I doubt anybody but machinegunners went through as much .308 as highpower shooters used to but since the round/rifle has fallen from favor, you can hardly GIVE .308 brass away anymore. Follow the highpower folks around - I'll bet some will just give it to you outright or maybe trade you lunch for it ....

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get processed brass from Scharch. It is LC and very accurate.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lapua makes the best, and toughest 308 brass in the world. Norma is very good brass, but not worth any more than the Lapua. It also is a little soft in 308.
If you don't load on the wild side, you should be able to get 10 loadings out of the Lapua in a bolt gun (easily). If you are shooting a gas gun get the LC as mentioned above.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
I have a BUNCH of once fired .308 Win brass from Winchester, Federal, and PMC. Also some Lake City picked up at a gunshow but never used by me. I'm selling the rifle thus don't need the brass anymore. IF you're interested I can inventory it and give you some idea of the quantity I have. Rifle it was all shot though was an M1A.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote