New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Concenricity Gauge?
 Login/Join

<Chappy>
posted

I am considering either the RCBS or B -Square Concentricity Gauges. Does anybody have opinions on either?

Chap

------------------

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Yes - Get the Sinclair gage.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<sure-shot>
posted
I second the motion, buy the Sinclair model!

<Slamfire>
posted
Try this guy, he makes a good one.

www.trutool.com

<1LoneWolf>
posted
I'm not trying to be redundant here...but seriously, buy the Sinclair.

<JCCD>
posted
I have the rcbs, but it can be a pain to get adjusted. I wish I had gotten the Sinclair, because it just looks like it would be much easier to use.

one of us
posted Hide Post
While on this subject; does anyone have experience with the case gauge made by NECO. I am contemplating buying a case gauge and am considering Sinclair's but NECO's interests me as well.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David,
I have the NECO gage and I couldn't be happier with it. I had previously owned the RCBS unit, and while it was serviceable, the NECO gage is head and shoulders above the Casemaster. The only drawback to the NECO is the price. If you can get over that, you will not be sorry.
DD

Posts: 105 | Location: CO | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
<jthessen>
posted
Wish I had the bread for tha Neco but I got the Case master, quite fiddly to go from different measurings, but at least now I am able to check if the chambers are straight, adjust the expander button to minimize runout, not as much "in the dark" as before.
For now, quite satisfied, but I am not in to bench rest competitions. (have not tried the others)
//Jens

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
A (tool handy) friend built me this one, copied from the previous Sinclair model and total cost of components was about 20 USD.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Big50>
posted
I wish I had bought the Sinclair, buy one guage that does one thing WELL. That is not the idea behind the RCBS Casemaster, which I just bought. It works OK. Just my 2 cents.

Later
Brent