New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accubond 2nds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought some Accubond 2nds and when they arrived they don't really look like Accubonds. They have an orange tip, which was on the web site when I ordered. But they also have a cannelure, is this a new thing? Did they maybe send me a different bullet? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've ordered a bunch of .257", .277", .284", .308" and .358" AB seconds from Nosler, they all have white tips, some have a cannelure others don't, they evidently sent you the wrong product.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have an orange tip, which was on the web site when I ordered. But they also have a cannelure, is this a new thing?

I shoot nothing but accubond seconds. Never know what the tip will be. I've had a couple batchs with cannelures. I think normally these are overruns meant for someones factory ammo not seconds. I've never seen what I would call a blemish.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They've got a note on the 180gr .308" AB that they have an orange tip, I just bought 100 last week that have white tips, so that's new on their site, I don't think it was when I ordered em.

http://www.noslershop.com/cgi-bin/virtualcatalog/Catalo...ale&displayNumber=55

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Partition blems will sometimes have cannelures too. LIke was said above they are almost certainly over runs for someones factory ammo....all the factory ammo that uses Accubonds and Parts will have a cannelure to crimp into spec'd into the bullet. Go enjoy...they are the real thing.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got some 257 110gr Accubonds with white tips and cannelures. Also got 308 180gr Accubonds with orange tips and cannelures. Recieved them yesterday. We will see!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They hit @ 250 the same as the others did, maybe the group wasn't as tight but that could have been me. Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote