THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: .270 Cast Bullets in Canada (I Hate Patriot Act2)

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .270 Cast Bullets in Canada (I Hate Patriot Act2)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

It is obvious you know as little about the world as about cast bullets. It is something that you turn to the USA for bullets and yet disparage our self protection efforts. YOU do not even know what is available in Canada. Reload factories for 270 cast bullets? ANOTHER TROLL UNMASKED.

And your point is...?

Sounds just like like my ex!!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

It is obvious you know as little about the world as about cast bullets. It is something that you turn to the USA for bullets and yet disparage our self protection efforts. YOU do not even know what is available in Canada. Reload factories for 270 cast bullets? ANOTHER TROLL UNMASKED.

What the hell is that all about?

I have NO IDEA, I generally have 2 questions for these folks:
How long did YOU serve? and
What grade did you quit school?
Trogs like that get their news from Rush, cause they can't read

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Is there any way you could take a .284 cast bullet and run it through a .277 sizer?

(And please realize that this question is asked by someone who does not cast bullets! LoL )

Of course you can! However, the less one reduces the original size of a cast bullet by sizing it, the more accurate it tends to be. From .284" to .277" is a pretty radical reduction. I like to shoot my bullets as close to their as-cast diameter as possible, with .003" being about as much reduction as I'd like. My most accurate cast-bullet loads have been made with bullets from undersize ("U") moulds, and shot as-cast, lubed by hand without running them through a sizing press.

<eldeguello>
posted
This is, of course, ridiculous, if true!! But why not get a mould, and cast your own? I am assuming you can still buy a mould, if not the actual bullets?? Can you still buy U.S.-made jacketed bullets like Sierras, Noslers, etc.? Can you have a Canadian dealer order you some of the cast bullets?

This "Patriot Act" B.S. is getting way out of hand! I doubt that any terrorist organization has much use for cast bullets, or for .270's, for that matter! I think they all us AK's.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trouble with ordering from US through a Canadian dealer is minimum order size and forms. Apparently there are forms that have to go both ways before the item can be shipped.

Cabelas also confirms that bullets and other components cannot be shipped due to export restrictions.

Anyway, rant of one poster aside, I doubt this increases anyone's safety.

Truly don't want to get into melting lead, etc. myself as I have young kids around, but we'll see. Didn't realize it could be done so cheaply. One problem appears to be that few make a .277 mold--Lee, in particular, does not.

Lastly, I have no idea if shipping restrictions extend to molds or not.

I can still get shipments on e-bay and do when it beats wholesalesports.com in Canada. However cast bullets never seem to appear in either place much.

Anyway, if anyone ever hears of a Canadian source for .277 cast bullets, I'd sure like to know.

Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been informed by Beartooth and others that shipping bullets to Canada is a no-no now under Patriot Act 2. [sarcasm]All us Canadian terrorists are manning reload factories to takeover the US, I guess.[/sarcasm]

Anyway, anyone know of any sources for 270 calibre cast bullets in Canada? Basically just looking for a target/plinking bullet that will be used with light loads.

Thanks for any help out there.

one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Try the Bullet Barn

She does not list a .270 bullet but she may know a source for some if she doesn't have the molds on hand.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I already _did_ that...she unfortunately _didn't_ know any.

one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Is there any way you could take a .284 cast bullet and run it through a .277 sizer?

(And please realize that this question is asked by someone who does not cast bullets! LoL )

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote