New
Find
Notify
Tools

Partition Gold
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody have experience shooting the Nosler/CT Partition Golds (naked) in terms of their accuracy? How does accuracy compare to the regular Partitions?

Casey

Posts: 112 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CaseyC, I am not sure what you mean by "naked". My Partition Golds have what looks like a moly coat on them. I shoot them in my 300WM and they are extremely accurate and took several game in Africa.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
For some reason, my rifles shoot the standard Nosler Partition better than the Partition Gold 'Moly-Free'.

I do know of other guys who have had better accuracy with the Golds. As always, it pays to experiment...........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
My rifle also shoots the standard Nosler Partitions better than the Partition Gold. I think it might have something to do with that steel cup insert they use in the Partition Gold's. However, your rifle might like them?

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have only tried them in 7mm but accuracy is about the same for the non moly PG. The molly ones aer all over the place, probably because I don't prep the bore, yada, yada, yada, so I stay away from moly hunting bullets.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the same experience with the Golds as MHC_TX. My rifles like the plain partitions better, they like the Accubonds too.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My only experience with the PG"s is the 150 grain naked version in the 270. They shoot into an inch 3 shots at 100. I took em elk hunting but no snow/no elk.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote