New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This might be can of worms and I'm not going to say anything about politics or the war. I just wanted to know if FN, the company that owns Browning is a French company. I've heard they are owned by a Belgium group and I have heard they were owned by a French group. Either way I might be selling some guns .

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
FWIW: Have you poured any of your French wine down the drain? Do you want the kid at McDonalds to ask if you want freedom fries with that? If you already own rifles, whether they're French or not, you already paid for them. What the hell would be the point?

As far as I can tell, FN is Belgian, originally from Liege in the South of Belgium.

I can't stand French people either, but it's not because they're against the war. Why bother getting so excited? (and i realize i'm getting excited here).

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
1880- Browning founded in Ogden, UT
1883- Winchester buys all Browning rights
1894-Browning sold all rights to FN for non-USA distribution
1902- Browning tells Winchester to go to hell
1976 - Brownings are built by FN in Herstal and Leige, Miroku in Japan and ATI in UT
1992- GIAT (French) buys all of Browning and FN
1997- Waloon Business buys Browning, FN and Winchester, located in Belgium.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks ricciardelli, thats all I wanted to know.

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote