New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington VLS in 6mmRem.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I took my new VLS to the range over the weekend for its first firing. My reloading equipment
for this caliber hasn't arrived yet so I was forced to use factory ammo. The rifle didn't shoot
badly, .8" five shot groups. That's about what I would expect, nothing exceptional for a rifle
with a heavy barrel that weighs 9.3 lbs. Cripes, that trigger pull must be at least 8 lbs. That's
disgusting. Upon arriving home I cleaned the cases and decided to prep the brass. From my
first box of 20 Remingtons, no less than 6 wouldn't accept the Sinclair primer pocket internal
beburring tool. How in hell do I get rid of the internal pocket projections? I shelled out big
bucks for this rifle and am expecting good results. I've been a Remington fan for many years,
but in truth, they're raising my hackles lately. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal, once you get all the kinks out of it that 6mm should be an awesome rifle. It is annoying though when new things don't work like they should! Keep on keepin on. Regards,

Matt

Posts: 46 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Cal, I have a 6mm Rem in a 700 Bdl. I don't use Rem brass I use Winchester. I don't think it matters much though as I've found both types have about 20% that I won't use in loading.Try this load with your rifle when you get a chance. RL 19-48gr, Fed210M primer,Hornady 87 SP.This load shoots 1/4" 3 shot groups for me with a sporter bbl, 3100fps chrono'd. I did have the trigger worked,changed the stock to a BC Medalist and put in a new firing pin and Wolf spring from Sinclair.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote