New
Find
Notify
Tools

200 gr. Partiton in .300 Win. Mag.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was just wondering who uses this bullet in their .300? I plan to try RE22 first and also thought about trying H4831SC. Also, do you have a problem with the bullet taking up to much room in the case? Any info. on this combination is appreciated. Thanks.

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
<gone hunting>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by C-ROY:
I was just wondering who uses this bullet in their .300? I plan to try RE22 first and also thought about trying H4831SC. Also, do you have a problem with the bullet taking up to much room in the case? Any info. on this combination is appreciated. Thanks.

C-ROY

i just started loading for the 300 win mag but this load works vary well in my rifle.
78.5grs of H1000, win brass, fed 215m, o.a.l.of 3.350", 2930fps from a 26" barrel.

------------------
born on a mountain, raised in a cave, hunting and fishing is all i crave!

one of us
posted Hide Post
you can get sufficient velocity with the 200 gr. bullets in the 300 Win. but your definately getting into the powder space with it..Figure on 2900 plus a little...

I prefer the 300 H&H with the long bullets as this is where the old dog shines and you can get 3000 plus a good deal with the heavy bullets and liberal doses of old surplus 4831. That long neck says heavy bullets.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote