Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bullet Question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
I would also vote NP for coyote to moose. You'll probably get better expansion form the softer NP. Since price doesn't seem a problem, then the 225grNF should get a look too, great bullets.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I having a Winchester Model 70 .338WM being built. I want to use one load from coyote to elk/moose.Of these three bullets (I know there are other good bullets but I'm starting with one of these three)All at about 2650 fps.Swift 250gr A-Frame or 275gr (@2500) Nosler @250gr or rhino 250gr.I like two holes if possible.I know for the lighter game not the ideal wt.but still should work.Also this will be my Africa plains gun. I like to shoot one gun and load a lot and become very good with it. Next project will be a .416 rem. I think. I know the Nosler front portion tends to sear off giving depper penetration. Also I like my meat' want to least damage as possible sa in bloodshot ect.. Thanks for your in put. I posted this question on African board also. Allen

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of those 3, I would lean to the Nosler. However, if you are willing to look at something better, I would suggest a North Fork 225 grain. I use only one load in my .338 Win and it uses this bullet at 2850 fps. There is no better hunting bullet made.
http://www.northforkbullets.com/

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote