New
Find
Notify
Tools

250Sav. 120gn load velocity?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What velocity could I expect from the 250Sav./120gn if limited to 2.5" oal?
I am looking at the Hein N1 action.

And while on the subject of the N1 reciever,do you envisage any feed problems with the 6mmPPC cartridge?despite being short its no where near as fat as the WSSM case.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My Rem 700 produces 120gr loads in the 2750ish range, using WW760. I do not recall cartridge OAL, or just how full the case is.
In the Rem, always able to seat bullets relative to rifling, not hampered by the magazine length.
250 Sav is a great little over-achiever cartridge!

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot Hornady 120 HPs in my 700 Classic to 2750 fps using IMR-4320 with no problems. Some time ago, I pretty much decided that a 100 grain circa 2800-2900 fps fit my requirements better for our deer.

Posts: 212 | Location: Louisiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodjack:
What velocity could I expect from the 250Sav./120gn if limited to 2.5" oal?
I am looking at the Hein N1 action.

And while on the subject of the N1 reciever,do you envisage any feed problems with the 6mmPPC cartridge?despite being short its no where near as fat as the WSSM case.

Woodjack,
There won't be any feeding problems feeding the 6mmPPC, as long as we build the action for it in the first place. If we build a 250 Savage action, it will not feed the 6mmPPC correctly. All of our actions are custom built for the specific cartridge, magazine box geometry, feed rails, etc... Both of these cartridges would be on the N1, however, the internal geometry will be significantly different.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com