New
Find
Notify
Tools

MidwayUSA's 99% shipping claim needs changing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I placed a $150+, 11 item order on Thursday September 6, 2007 at 9:50AM. My VISA card was charged on this date.

Everything was in stock, available to ship. The customer dis-service response to my questioning email said it should be on the truck Monday morning. But the order still has not shipped! Their 99% same day shipping ad copy seems to be so much BS.

Anybody else have the same problem recently?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I've placed 4 orders in the past 2 months ,3 of them before the cutoff time and all were in the UPS system that night. I could understand how they might miss one or two but they have been pretty good to me over the years.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Every order I’ve ever placed with midway was shipped couple of days after placing order not same day. But im pretty sure it’s because I place such huge orders at a time. But when they do ship it only takes 3 days to get to me, usually.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Looking at the last five orders 4 were shipped same day. One next day but I believe I missed the cut off.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Ordered brass the last week of Aug and received it the same week.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never had a shipping time frame issue with Midway. Quite to the contrary, I think they're fast.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
i shop Midway a lot and have since they started up. I have never had a problem with their service. I believe the 99% to be pretty darn accurate.

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only time they have shipped outside the same day window with me is when I specified Priority mail. Went out the next day. I would call and find out what's up.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posts: 75 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 02 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pdpdad
posted Hide Post
I am new to reloading and have placed 5 orders to MidwayUSA in the last 6 weeks. I am very happy with the shipping time, mostly shipped following day since I place orders late. The delivery time to Indianapolis via Chicago is
2 to 3 days.
Pat

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
onefunzr2, I'm sorry you're having problems with your Midway order but my experience leads me to believe that you fall into the 1% category for them.

Midway is consistently the fastest-to-deliver of any of the mail order houses I frequent. I think that none of the other places even put their shipping stats on their webpages for good reason...it would be downright embarrassing for them. For example: I often buy from Natchez because they have good prices on some items, but it might take 10-14 days to get to me. I never buy from Natchez if it's something I need quickly. Midway is consistently 2-4 days to my door even when they're shipping UPS Ground.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally find Graf & Sons to be frendlier and their prices were better and so were the shipping prices . But thats been a while ago cause im loaded up thank god with all these increases .

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one I really liked was Widners in Johnson City Tenn

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of my last 6 Midway orders , all placed before the cut off, two shipped the same day, two shipped the next day. one three days and one five days. When I called and asked why the 5 day wait, I wasnt given any real answer. They didnt know why as everything I ordered was in stock. Bet your butt my card was charged the same day the order was placed. I sent the whole order back it cheesed me off so much. I also had placed an order for a gift and clicked the box to send the invoice plain mail and not in the package. They sure as heck sent it in the package. I am no longer a Midway customer. I use Graffs.

Posts: 109 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never had a shipping time frame issue with Midway. Quite to the contrary, I think they're fast.

This has been my experience w/ them also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was ordering once a week, and spending ~$2k/ year from Midway, until he started charging for shipping in 2001.

It was like getting out of the habit of having eggs for breakfast, it took some will power, but now I buy from graf, LS&B, Sinclair, Midsouth, etc. and I am better off now.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It finally shipped today, delivery on Friday. Their customer dis-service finally called me after I sent another email asking what was the holdup. Their answer was that they are swamped with orders. And they do notify customers if there is a shipping problem, but not if your order is just waiting to be processed. Mine was labeled 'processing' for 5 days! That's a crock...it was just waiting in the 'in' basket. Perhaps Larry P. left too many 'processors' off for migratory bird season?

I would say their 99% fast shipping claim must be figured on the total of orders taken in the 30 years they have been in business. I definitely fell into their 1% crack.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had pretty good luck with MidwayUSA. I generally order after their cutoff time and they seem to get the order done quickly. They are also quick about charging my credit card too. Usually recieve things here in Montana in about a week.

Graf's has been substantially slower, my most recent order was placed on a Thursday and wasn't processed until Tuesday. $3.95 for shipping is worth the wait if you can wait. FedEX delivered 4 days after the estimated arrival. So my issue was with FedEX leaving my package in Kansas for several days. I expect shipping to take atleast 10-16 days on Graf's orders.

NatchezSS isn't near as quick as Midway, but they have good deals sometimes and delivered in about 7-10 days. Shipping can be little high for things too.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Something has changed with Midway in the past several months. I have had three of my orders shipped four to six days after the order was placed. Same deal as others have said, order placed before deadline and items in stock. One excuse was them being very busy and other excuses were they didn't know. Funny thing is that the orders were shipped immediately after contacting them. I assume that it is probably growing pains. So you know I have been dealing with them since Jan. 2002 and just received my 119th order from them. Other than the recent few delayed shipping problems they have been just great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway shipping charges are out of line. Even with a dealers discount I can beat thier prices by going through Cabelas.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SShooterZ
posted Hide Post
Everytime I've ordered from them, they've been dead on. Extremely fast IMHO.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
I'll never be able to give back to this forum all that I've learned from it. But I do want to thank those of you that have helped me out over the years.

Posts: 167 | Location: McHenry, IL | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SShooterZ:
Everytime I've ordered from them, they've been dead on. Extremely fast IMHO.

Yep, that's been my experience too..The same day or the next day for sure,...it just depends on the cut-off time when you place your order...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that we Americans are spoiled, tending towards the making mole hills in to intire mountain ranges.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote