THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Any .45 Winchester Magnum (nominally .451-452 not .458 variants) Pet loads?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any .45 Winchester Magnum (nominally .451-452 not .458 variants) Pet loads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Came into a 10" factory Contender barrel. Not sure I like the looks of the factory throating but the price was right and that could be fixed after I get a better idea of what bullets it might spew most often to tailor the throating to as it seems a bit short throated rather than long, depending on what bullets one might use. At least they cut the chamber on this once concentric with the rifling. I don't have gauges nor dies for it yet so I'm going by "critical eyeball" and old win 260 JHP ammo on that belief.

Anybody have any pet loadings for the above or similar related to whitetail and hogs and perhaps some metallic sihouettes?

Never really wanted to own one but I couldn't pass up the price and now I have to play with it but there isn't much on the web other than very minor anecdotal stuff that's mostly rather old loading data.

Thanks,

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mine is 17 gr blue dot and a 230 in a lar grizzly

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote