THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    "Precision Shooting: Reloading Guide" Book Edited by Dave Brennan

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Precision Shooting: Reloading Guide" Book Edited by Dave Brennan
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone read "Precision Shooting: Reloading Guide" Book Edited by Dave Brennan?

Good, bad, other?

CISSP, CISA, CRISC looking for a IT Security/Audit Manager spot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, it's a great book for advanced loaders. Wouldn't be worth a lot to beginners, not at first anyway. It covers a broad range of topics not often seen.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will it take me from loading good functional loads to loading dime sized groups?

Is it something I can get from the Library read once and then go on, or do I need my own copy?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Assuming you and your rifle are up to the task, normal reloading procedures should get you into dime-ish size groups. IOW the techniques listed in the front of your standard reloading manual.

While I haven't read his book, the techniques are the kind of things used to reduce to reduce 1/4" groups to 1/8" groups. IOW the average shooter/rifle wouldn't be able to tell the difference

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
(((Will it take me from loading good functional loads to loading dime sized groups?)))
NO! but it will start you down a road that in a lot of ways will make you annnal about how to reload you will get all kinds of ideas and some will work and some will not. as you try new things you will keep some of the methods and others will be discarded.
remember at some point a lot of what you read is just plain garbage with someone trying to sell you on an idea that there gigit is the only thing you will ever need to turn out those 1 hole groups. ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS.. When you get the answer be a little judgemental. You need a lot of referance material. reloaders over the years have developed loads for there rifles that far out shoot the factory stuff.
It takes practice to be a good reloader.
When you see a statement like
< WHAT WORKS FOR ME> Then you can almost believe that that reloader did the ground work.
Develope good habits question every step and the one big one is <LEARN TO SHOOT> a factory rifle is not as accurate as a custom or a benchrest rifle. I know this was a little long winded but I thought you question was leading...
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my quest for 1" 100yard groups, I got allot of information from the internet on anal rituals that had no effect.

Once I broke the 1" barrier, a couple weeks later I broke the 1/2" barrier.

I think it would be unfair if someone else got good groups without paying their dues in the snipe hunt of weighed brass and turned necks.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will it give me proof?

Or is it like most of what I find on the internet where people make claims, but there is no data to back it up?

i.e. Today I am beating my head against the wall trying to decide what brass is too far out of weight.