New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS APS Hand Priming Tool... any good?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been considering buying a RCBS APS Hand Priming Tool. Does anybody here have any experience with this tool or the APS strips? Any help or recommendations would be great. I have also considered getting the Lee hand-priming tool instead based on the recommendations I have seen posted on this forum. Can anybody offer a comparison? I found a Sinclair hand-priming tool on line but that was way to expensive for me (being a student and all). Thanks in advance.

Ben

Posts: 90 | Location: Pullman, WA, USA | Registered: 03 April 2002Reply With Quote
<CatShooter>
posted
I have both the hand and bench APS systems, plus the little thingie to refill the strips... I bought it in a moment of weakness, and wish I hadn't.

It's a waste of time.

I have an RCBS standard bench priming tool, had it for 35 years, and it is a war horse.

Get a regular priming tool, and you will be able to prime while you watch TV (if you have a lot of cases)... but don't waste your money on the APS stuff.

CatShooter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The one lee tool I own is the auto prime and I believe it to be the best priming tool on the market.It is quick and lets you feel the primer set so you can be sure they bottom yet are not deformed by pressing to hard.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a RCBS standard or bench priming tool, and it works fine. Every now and then I clean it and put a dab of grease on the cam. I like this priming tool, because I like the feedback I get through the handle when priming cases. I don't reload a great number of cases, so it is fast enough for my reloading needs. Besides, it will probably last a lifetime or two.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I have the original rcbs hand primer,have no complaints.Dump a box of primers in the tray,give a couple of shakes,put the lid on and start priming.Those little strips for the aps seem like they could be a p.i.a to refill. [Razz]

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote