New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lyman 1200 Digital Powder System
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wal-Mart's got a Lyman digital powder dispenser for $65. That's about $145 less than a what well-known catalog sells the 1200 for. I keep meaning to walk back there and check to see it it's the 1200 Wal-Mart is selling. I'm half scared I'd buy it.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I like my 1200! User friendly, accurate.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Wal-Mart's got a Lyman digital powder dispenser for $65. That's about $145 less than a what well-known catalog sells the 1200 for. I keep meaning to walk back there and check to see it it's the 1200 Wal-Mart is selling. I'm half scared I'd buy it.

H. C.

Are you sure it is the same thing?? Lyman has another product called the 1200 (but not DPS) with is a lot cheaper. If they are selling it for $65, it MUST be a mis-label, so I'd grab it ASAP before they find out. I design stuff like this, so I know how much they cost and they can not sell it at $65 and stay in business.

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want to thank all of you for your help. I am going to purchase the Lyman ASAP.
Thanks, Steve

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a new user also. My Lyman reads -308.5 as well. The manual says that the "LCD will display approximately -308.6", so I think we are OK.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
steve4102, thanks for writing. I must have missed the 'approximately'. Haven't used it yet....waiting for .204 brass to become available. Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with mine until I realized it always happened while talking to my buddy - on my cell phone. Sure enough as soon as I turned off my phone all the variance problems stopped. I think that the Lyman 1200 is somewhat vulnerable to electrical interference. Keep other electrical items away and I bet all of your variance problems will stop, mine did........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I like my Pact.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote