New
Find
Notify
Tools

I could "kiss" my hornady dies!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gosh I love em!! Just did a quick load of 10 .308's for hunting season. (I found a top secret recipe at the last minute). Anyhow I measured the runnout of the 10 when done. These are win cases--probably fired 3-4 times--NO neck turning. Here's the runnout measured a little ahead of the cannelure on the 150 sst's I loaded
(5) under .001"
(3) exactly .001"
(1) at .002"
(1) at .0025"
MY GOODNESS THIS IS MATCH GRADE WITH VIRTUALLY NO PREP!! (LIke my lever action BLR would knowthe difference). But it is fun to make this ammo on some of the cheapest dies available.

One last word--love that eliptical expander--just a real thin application of lube to the inside of the neck and they come out like butter. (I only lightly rolled my brush one time accross the pad and did all ten cases.)

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It just can't be kraky . Don't you know you just can't get straight ammo with Hornaday dies ? , as "the seating die doesn't support the case" .

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ 11-22-2002, 04:30: Message edited by: sdgunslinger ]

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You may be able to quote me but I "think" I was talking about my Hornady "neck die". I can't brag that good of runnout for that--Ithink for the reason you quoted--but hey--it's good to know someone took that much note of my babling!!--thanks for the fun!!!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kraky , I was not quoting you , but one of the Hornaday die detractors from a few weeks back .....

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote