Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader 10X powder
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted
Has anyone used this powder much? My buddy Russ has been using it in his 22 BR and is getting great groups and good speed to.I have loaded some of it in 22 PPC today to try at the range tomorrow.I started it 10% lower than loads for H322 in 22PPC.
Just wondering if anybody else has tried it????
muskrat
live free or die!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muskrat,
I bought a lb. of it a year ago and asked the same question,no response......
I guess there isn't much data for it around yet.
45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about its use in the .221 Fireball.
Inquiring minds want to know......

BigIron

one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
Well i will shoot today and post tonight about how it turns out for me.
muskrat

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The only discussion I have seen was on Benchrest.com. The early results were promising, but the powder left a hard carbon ring. After presenting this to Alliant, they slightly reformulated to reduce the deposits (something about adding copper?). It may still be in the archives, there. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
I did find out it loads like H-322.You use the data for H-322 and drop it by 10% to start with.
I loaded up some in 22 PPC at 30.5 grains with a 52 grains bullet,it shot okay.i went up a half grain at a time till i hit 31.5 grains.This shot very well in my gun.Going back tomorrow to shoot some more and do more testing.So far no signs of high pressure,bolt lifting okay with no tightness yet and good groups.We had a nice day for this in the mid 70's and very litle humidity.
Please do your own testing! Do not take my data as anything but what it is,something that worked okay for me.
muskrat
llive free or die!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Works great in the 358win ! One hole groups with 180 & 200 gr bullets ! I`m still testing !

Posts: 68 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mich. | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote