New
Find
Notify
Tools

primer pocket uniforming tools
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was able to locate and order some Privi brass. I will anneal the necks. I have no experience with this brand. I have read there are issues with primer pockets.

which is your preferred brand of primer pocket tool?

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used some PRIVI brass in a couple of calibers and don't see the need to anneal it as you will see the discoloration from being annealed at the factory. What I found when using this brass is that the loads I have used in other brands of brass don't work with the PRIVI. I have never had any issues with their primer pockets and truthfully I have used pocket uniformers in different calibers without seeing any gain in performance and that includes uniforming flash holes as well.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you mean when you say the loads used in other brands don't work with the PRVI brass ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one each by Lyman and RCBS. They both work ok for low volume use.
I think the Sinclair carbide tools are much better.

quote:
Originally posted by youp50:
I was able to locate and order some Privi brass. I will anneal the necks. I have no experience with this brand. I have read there are issues with primer pockets.

which is your preferred brand of primer pocket tool?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote