THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JRP Custom bullets: 25-gr .224 cal bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used these before? I believe he also produces a 40-50 gr .243 cal and a 80-gr .308 cal bullet as well. They have been mentioned a few times in Rifle Shooter, most recently in the July/Aug 2001 issue. They were running 25-gr HP's from a .22 Hornet at 4000 fps with 0.3-0.5" groups!

I was wondering about the BC of these rounds, though. They are lightweight, but the pictures show them as being longer and more streamlined than the 35 gr V-Max or 45 gr SP's. They also mentioned that the OAL of the JRP load was too long to function in a standard Hornet magazine. Is it possible for these to have a higher BC despite the light weight? After all, weight isn't supposed to be important in BC, just sectional density and external shape. Thanks.

PS: anyone know the price per 100? I have the address, and plan on buying some to find out for myself.

<eldeguello>
posted
Yes, I have tried the 25 grain in my .22 Hornet after reading an article, "Maximum Hornet", in a Rifleshooter magazine last fall. They did not produce acceptable accuracy in my rifle, and I was not able to reach the load/velocity levels described in that article. Had to go back to "regular-weight" bullets!!

------------------
Larry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you notice what the wind drift was on those? That is what I'm most interested in, really. Thanks.

<eldeguello>
posted
No George, the accuracy wasn't good enough to even get to the question of wind drift!! Sorry!!

------------------
Larry