New
Find
Notify
Tools

.250 AI dies
 Login/Join

<Hondo64d>
posted
Having a .250 AI put together. What dies is everybody using. My first choice was a Redding S type, but they don't make it in .250 AI. My gunsmith mentioned the possibility of converting a 22-250 AI S type to .250 AI.

Thanks,

John

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I just use RCBS for my 257 AI, but something on the Lee webbsite made me wonder. They claim that their standard collet dies "should" work for reloading AI chamberings.. ?? Anyone tried this, or opinions on it?

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lee collet dies work great for my AI calibers one's a 22-250 and the other is a 25-06
and they are a heck of a lot cheaper too.

Posts: 97 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I just use 25 caliber "shortneck" dies... $25 buck
this is for the 257 jls, btw
j

Posts: 39721 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a standard Redding neck sizing die and it makes very straight ammo. Part of a 3 die set.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Hondo64d>
posted
Thanks for the reply, guys. Anybody else got anything to add on .250 AI dies?

Thanks,

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll add that I'm jealous that all of you have .250 AI's. That is one of the guns on my short list of upcoming projects to work on.

Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hondo64d:
Thanks for the reply, guys. Anybody else got anything to add on .250 AI dies?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />John

I have been going over the entire site and noticed this one. I just got a new catalog from Redding and they have 250AI 40 degree dies in their D series.
Jack

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote