Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 rum
 Login/Join

posted
I am using 100gr of retumbo and getting good results shooting a 180 accubond but i am thinking of going to a burger 190 or 210 vld to slow it down some and get better results, so my question is there any loads for the 300 rum that people would like to share that are having very good accuracy. thanks a bunch.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I've loaded 180gr Barnes with RL25 that has been sub MOA.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Noslers, but it can be a little tricky to get the Bergers to shoot. I haven't suceeded with that yet.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 300 man:
I am using 100gr of retumbo and getting good results shooting a 180 accubond but i am thinking of going to a burger 190 or 210 vld to slow it down some and get better results, so my question is there any loads for the 300 rum that people would like to share that are having very good accuracy. thanks a bunch.

I'll be trying the 210 Berger with H1000, Re22, Re25, Retumbo. But it will be after this hunting season.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I am using the Berger 185 and Reloader 25 with good accuracy and velocity. Didn't have any trouble finding a accurate load with the Berger.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks, I am interested in hearing from you guys after hunting and seeing what powders are working better than others, I have never shot the Burger bullets before but does anyone have an opinion on the 190 or 210 or should a guy stay in the 185 ballpark?

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
The Berger will probably have more damage to the animal than the Accubond on deer sized game. The heavier bullet will probably cause less damage. What are you going to be shooting and how far.

What are you looking for in "better results"?

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had the accubonds shooting moa or a bit better but it would be nice to be closing it up even tighter groups. I am shooting at longer ranges with it, I have had a lilja barrel put on it with a nightforce in the last couple of years, so that is why I am thinking of the heavier bullet foe the longer shots. I am also using the Knight's armament ballistic program so I can see myself doing more longer shooting.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
You might need to take a look at your rifle? I had to Pillar bed my Model 70 Gen II and cut 2" off the barrel and recrown it. Accuracy improved greatly. Velocity loss almost non-exsistant.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote