New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester New Primer ~ USA Ready Match
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone use the Winchester USA Ready Match Large Rifle Primer?
Not much information out there on these.
Wanting to possibly replace the standard Winchester 8 1/2 Large Rifle Rifle Primer.

Posts: 731 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd call it a straight up direct replacement.

match primers are regular primers that happen to show more consistent flame fronts when tested.
well that and the box is a different color so the larger numbers on the price tag show up better.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
the box is a different color so the larger numbers on the price tag show up better.

Well said, Lamar! About 90% of "new" shooting products are the same things just re-packaged with about $100,000 worth of new advertising copy attached, written by some kid in a high-rise in New York City who doesn't have a clue about hunting or shooting.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The prices of powder and primers now
sure makes me happy I bought lots
of them years ago when I had the
chance and spare bucks.

Not really a hoarder, just haven't been
out shooting or loading like I was then.

I'll never live long enough to use
it all up, or the ammo that's loaded
either.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've shot about 400 of them in the past months, and they seem to work fine. But not "finer" or "better", just fine like the old ones.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm not what I would call a "hoarder" either. I just like to reload so I have kept products in stock. Especially when one loads with a progressive as I do with a Dillon 650, one can go through 1000s in an afternoon. It's just good sense to keep items on hand + really folks, we see this every election year anymore + it's only getting worse, this virus + rioting has escalated the issue. Buy during regular times + avoid being part of the panic purchasers. A friend of mine's son went to the Ft. Worth gun show + a guy had a 1K cnt. box of CCI S.R. primers for $400.00. He's still got them as far as I know.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote