New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Load Info.
 Login/Join

posted
Hey!
I'm looking for some recipes for reloading 308 Win. I'm using 2230-C Which I'm told is OK to use 2460 data on.
Anyway, the bullet is 165gr. Hornady BTSP.
I'm using a Savage model 11G.
Any input on the powder charge would be appreciated.
Thanks,

jisco
S.E. Ohio

Posts: 2 | Location: S.E. Ohio | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
WELCOME
try this. DO NOT SUBSTUTE LOAD DATA FOR OTHER POWDERS if there is data for that powder ALWAYS START LOW AND WORK UP.
There are some diffrences check the load data carefully
http://www.accuratepowder.com/datapowder_dp2230c.htm
308 link
http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/PerCaliber2Guide/Rif...20260%20to%20262.pdf

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Close enough? beer

168gr.FMJBT, 42.2 grains 2230-C, WLRM, 2797 fps. NEAR MAX. in my rifle. BOOMroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
My computer said the 2 powders are not the same, 2230 is hotter than 2460. As you get closer to 90% case fill ratio the pressures start spiking with 2230.

What does your manuals list the maximum load for that bullet and 2460 say? I can run that through the computer and see what it thinks.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I checked bartsche’s load of 42.2 in the computer and it’s in line, bartsche gets more fps then the computer but the computer is not real world either and has been known to be wrong before.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
I checked bartsche’s load of 42.2 in the computer and it’s in line, bartsche gets more fps then the computer but the computer is not real world either and has been known to be wrong before.

Mike, are you looking at 2230 or 2230-C? The 2230-C is touted to be slower burning than the 2230.This is not an effort on my part to justify the velocity I posted. Why it's over 150fps. from what you'd think it should be is unknown to me. It is ,however what my Oehler recorded. bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies. Really appreciated.
I saved the web addresses and will check them out.
Thanks again,
jisco

Posts: 2 | Location: S.E. Ohio | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Bartsche,

The info I gave is based on the 2230 not 2230-C. I wished I had information on 2230-C but I don’t at this time. It looks like you’re getting good performance from 2230-C though.