THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 RUM loads with a 160 gr. GS Custom bullet.
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
Any one have any loads for a .300 RUM and a 160 gr. GS Custom HV bullet and RL25? I've got some of these bullets ordered and I want to get "my ducks in a row" before they get here.

Thanks for any help,

Al

<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Me too!

I don't have any powder restrictions.

------------------
Be content with what you have but never with who you are.

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I've got a batch of .270, 7mm & .308 coming too. What studing I've done makes me think that you better not jack the loads above normal maxes you see in reloading manuals. (Even though the design seems to make you think you could). I did see a guy test them in a .257 wby and the speeds he got with like powder charges were the same as some berger bullets of the same weight. Hopefully we'll get more info on this post as we go. PS--in that .257 wby he got better accuracy with the GScustoms than any other bullet he tried--an he tried alot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
I will get the 300RUM data up on my site as soon as I can. By the weekend at the latest.

Don,
The data at Real Guns was wrong. He loaded our 100 gr bullet to 110 gr standard speeds and posted the data under the 110 gr bullets. I do not know how he could have thought the bullet is 110 gr as we do not make an HV in 257 in that weight. I e-mailed him a couple of days back pointing this out to him and he pulled the data off the site pending fresh load development tests. Rest assured that we have done tests in a ballistic proof lab and some calibers were as much as 280 fps faster than standard bullets without exceeding CIP/SAAMI pressure maximums. It is a sorry HV or FN that will not go at least 80 to 100 fps faster than standard All our tests were done with 24" barrels.

------------------
Gerard Schultz
GS Custom Bullets

<Eric Leonard>
posted
with 150 to 165 gr bullets rl22 has worked better for me.180`s loves rl25 though.