New
Find
Notify
Tools

H4350 and IMR 4350 the same?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SmilerI know that different powder manufacters with the same numbers are different in many ways. I heard the Hogeson bought out the powder department fron Dupont and that H4350 and Imr-4350 was the same. Any truth to this?

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon did buy the rights to sell IMR powders.
The powder is still different, They made no changes to it that I have heard.

The IMR powder is sold in the Hodgdon
plastic wide mouth bottles.
But they still have the IMR label.
You can still substitute the Hodgdon powder for a load that calls for IMR4350...But if you substitute the IMR4350 for a load that calls for the Hodgdon 4350 you will probably get
higher preasures at the upper loads.

They are still differnt burn rates.
The Imr is faster.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And the AA4350 is just a tad faster than IMR.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerI knew they had been different and it didn't make sense for a powder company to make two of the same with names. So that clears that up! Thanks thumb

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have found H4350 a bit slower than IMR4350. H4350 is a good choice for your .260 w/ bullets 120-140gr.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerYeah Fred I have a big bunch loaded up with 120 grain bullets and H4350. Will be Monday before I can try them out.